Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Harere's Diary, Part 8

Payni 22
Dear Diary,
When I got to Banafrit's house today, before we entered, Banafrit told me to close my eyes and not to peek. She lead me into her living room and said ''You can open your eyes now, Harere.'' When I opened my eyes, at first I didn't see anything unusual about the room, but then I noticed that Banafrit was gesturing towards a corner of the room behind her Mut's chair. I walked over to the corner, and noticed a large bundle, draped with a rich purple velvet cloth. ''Well go on, open it!'' She sounded really excited now. I closed my eyes, reached for the cloth, and pulled. ''Banafrit, you shouldn't have!'' There, underneath it, lay the beautiful golden falcon Buikhu had wanted for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooo long! '' You told me you couldn't afford the falcon, so I asked my parents to chip in a couple coins, and paid the rest myself.'' I was so happy, I thought I could pop! I hugged Banafrit, told her I'd pay her back as soon as I could, and ran skipping out her front door. The party's tomorrow. I just know he'll love it!


-Harere

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great friend! I can't wait to hear how excited Buikhu is when he sees his falcon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Please let us know how Buikhu reacts to the falcon! Do you have to do a lot of training with a falcon?

    ReplyDelete